At the close of Flame in the Mist, to end a bloodbath between the Black Clan and imperial soldiers, Ōkami allows himself to be taken prisoner by Prince Raiden, Mariko’s betrothed. For someone who doesn’t believe in heroes, it’s a surprising choice: to trade his life for the lives of his friends and the one he loves. For he will surely be killed when he arrives in the Imperial City. But he decides if his life is the cost of love, it may not...
Details Okami (Flame in the Mist, #1.25)
Reviews Okami (Flame in the Mist, #1.25)
- It was a fine read for me and I love the cover! 😍😍
- Excited to read the next book !
- Actual review: 3.5Ahdieh is a genius! This is one of two free ‘digital shorts’ to be released before the final book of this duology. For people like me who enjoyed the first book but can’t remember the details, this is a great refresher course. (Now I can enjoy or not enjoy the next book on its own merit, rather than based on what I remember.)We follow the thought processes of Ōkami as he is captured and taken to the capitol. In all hones...
- "Warmth settled around his heart. Soothed his soul. Even if Ōkami died a thousand deaths, it would be worth it." 4 stars! I really loved being in Ōkami's POV and ate up every extra bit of info about his family and backstory. I wish it had a bit more of that, or was a bit longer, but I guess that's what SMOKE IN THE SUN is for. :) The last page made me SO emotional about his relationships with a variety of the characters, which I was NOT PREPARE...
- But heroes, after all, were a thing to hate.I love this line! This made me want to reread Flame in the Mist tbh. But also excited for the sequel!
- Even if Ōkami died a thousand deaths, it would be worth it. I'm so ready for Smoke in the Sun!
- "Perhaps these heroes did not exist, save for in stories.Ōkami was not a hero. His father had died trying to be one.Perhaps heroes were a thing to hate."It wasn't a fantastic novella, it was too short (this seems to be Ahdieh's style tho, she always writes her novellas like this) but it was nice to read Ōkami's thoughts!And now I need Smoke in the sun even more.
- A fun little short story with some insight into Okami's brain. I would have liked it more if it was longer, but honestly that's my only complaint here.
- Necesito massss...Como nos das sólo unas cuantas paginas no es justo 😭😭
- Review to come!
- Why so short!!!!I want more! He is such an interesting character and I want to know more about his power and where it comes from! I hope the next book answers my questions!
- Mini review: Rating: 4 honest stars ✨ (would give 5 if it was longer lol) Okami is a short story (barely 8 pages) . It is written from the perspective of Okami and is following up narrative from Flame in the Mist. Okami is also a good book to remind oneself how previous book ended. It's written in an easy to read way with well-blended-in-text explanation of items.Really recommendable for fans of 1st book in this duology!
- I would consider this an Amuse-bouche for Smoke in the Sun. Enjoy!
- OMG! I am not okay! Send help... and Smoke in the Sun! I need to read it now.
- Oh my god....The tension is bulking up and yet the words are written so beautiful.
- I loved it but it was too short! I need more Okami! I can't wait to read Smoke In the Sun!
- 5 Words: Perfect length for a cuppa.A decent enough couple chapters that give us a closed look at Ōkami and what's going on inside his head during events between the first and second book.But I don't like Ōkami, shhh.
- I liked the opportunities to get inside Okami's head in Flame in the Mist so I loved this too. This is a lovely short story to tide you over until the next book - a great way to slowly immerse yourself back into the world and recap the ending of the last book. It is the metaphorical bag of water you rest in the fish tank before being dropped in.Not to mention it is currently free on Amazon! Free! I've got an ARC of Smoke in the Sun which I'm goin...
- Wow my mind Is blown by how good this novella was
- My fave OkamiI really loved this insight into Okami's mind! Especially that last part aaaahhhh 😍 This novella made me even more hyped up for Smoke in the Sun!
- This was such a very short story. Less than ten pages. Yet it was also such a stunning one. I loved being inside the head of Okami again. He had a few small point of views in Flame in the Mist, and I adore this boy more than I can say. Fingers crossed he will have a point of view in Smoke in the Sun. Want that so.In this short story, Okami is being taken as a prisoner back to the castle. Where he is sure he will end up dead. These pages are about...
- To me, you are magic.Warmth settled around his heart. Soothed his soul.Even if Ōkami died a thousand deaths, it would be worth it. THIS WAS SO FREAKING BEAUTIFUL. I love Ahdieh's novellas. They're so short but she manages to convey everything she wants to portray in such a short amount of time. I loved reading from Ōkami's POV. He's a very interesting character. I would gobble up any insight I can have from his character. THIS GOT ME SO PUMPED ...
- This is difficult to rate simply because it was so short. It was something like ten pages. However, that said, I really like that authors create and make available these little shorts to their series. Especially when, like Okami, that short is offered for free. This was a nice chance to re-familiarize myself with the characters and hype me up for the second novel which is being released soon.
- Great reminder of this series.Okami is such an interesting character. This was a short story following the events of the first book. I'm guessing the second book will pick up right after this. I have high hopes for the next book.
- Es una historia super corta sobre lo que sucede luego del final del primer libro... la verdad esperaba más, fue tan sólo una introducción al siguiente libro. Pero de todos modos me dejó con muchísimas ganas de saber cómo continúa esta bella historia. Y Okami me encanta ♥
- « To me, you are Magic »I just can’t wait to read the second book and this little novella of Okami got my hype on. I’m just so in love with Renée’s writing guys, I feel like I read a poem all the time ♡