This magnificent volume offers a rich visual tour of the planets in our solar system. More than 200 breathtaking photographs from the archives of NASA are paired with extended captions detailing the science behind some of our cosmic neighborhood's most extraordinary phenomena. Images of newly discovered areas of Jupiter, fiery volcanoes on Venus, and many more reveal the astronomical marvels of space in engrossing detail. Anyone with an interest ...
Details The Planets
Reviews The Planets
- Good photos, quick explanations. I especially enjoyed the close ups of the asteroids as I was not aware that such closeups existed. Also the moon shadows on the gas Giants is extraordinary.Good photos, quick explanations. I especially enjoyed the close ups of the asteroids as I was not aware that such closeups existed. Also the moon shadows on the gas Giants is extraordinary.
- To quote from the back cover of the book, "Anyone with an interest in science, astronomy, and the mysteries of space will delight in this awe-inspiring guide to our solar system." This book contains some of the finest photos available of the solar system and are accompanied by detailed captions which by themselves are quite amazing. Fiery volcanoes, canyons and mountains of unimaginable dimensions, and ice volcanoes! Oh my! The pictures and pages...
- First of all, this is a gorgeous book! That being said, it is an interesting book with lots of pictures and quick descriptions and esxplanations. I think this would be fun book for anyone with an interest in astronomy and space.
- Absolutely amazing. Highly recommend it.
- A lovely book filled with wonderful photographs and a little bit of commentary on each.
- great pics and easy to understand.